First of all, Notch has introduced one of his new employees today: Jens! You can read his introduction to the Minecraft community on Notch's development blog!
But that is not all! Notch has also fixed some known bugs and glitches! You can find a list of these on his blog, but if you're too lazy to browse to his website then here is a copy of Notch's post:
The few hours I’ve been able to work today, I tried getting SMP Health as complete as possible. It will be released early next week.
"Here’s the status:
* Send attack network data: DONE
* Add the ability to attack other entities: DONE
* Implement falling damage: NOT STARTED
* Implement respawning for dead players: PARTIALLY DONE (there are bugs with the player keeping the current location in some circumstances instead )
* Make eating food regenerate health: DONE
* Send health updates to the players: DONE
The “attack entities” code is done on a general level, so you can hurt animals, monsters, boats, carts and even other players.
There are a couple of other tweaks in the next update as well:
* Fix leaves. Again: DONE
* Optimize the lighting update slowdowns: STARTED
* Make players riding carts or boats a long way receive terrain updates: DONE
* Fix the block re-spawning bug: NOT STARTED
* Add “pvp” toggle flag to the server settings: NOT STARTED."
There's also some bad but thankfully non-Minecraft related news. As you may have already noticed, Google has removed my Adsense advertisements and has banned my account. I received an e-mail from them in which they basically say that they suspect me of cheating the system and that this suspicion justifies banning my account for eternity without even giving me a chance to defend myself from this rediculous accusation. I used to think that the guys behind Google were nice people, but after this little affair I can't help but think of them as a bunch of unjust bastards. I guess it's time to find myself another sponsor.
That's all for today! I'll see you tomorrow again when I post some awesome Minecraft wallpapers!